Never seen this video. Great goals from Match of the Day in England from an era where the pitches were often horrible, the players wore more mud than kit and a surprising number of goals would still be considered world class by today’s standards. My faves are the keeper waddling back to his goal at 1:32 only to see his weak punt full volleyed into his gaping net. The free kick that follows right after that one is also pretty awesome.
Calendar of posts
Posts by category
- @MikeMartignago Was that Gignac sprinting 50m at the end of the game to try to start a fight? Bonkers! 2 hours ago
- @MikeMartignago Only saw last 25 mins but that game was insane. Ref was a miracle worker keeping all 22 players on the field. 2 hours ago
- Crowd for this Guadalajara v Tigers game is bonkers 3 hours ago
- This can only mean @DPartridge60 aka Shank dropped by. https://t.co/0Shs3fmE0h 4 hours ago
- @GSarakinis Disagree. Players were just better rel to US. We only q'fied for 1 WC. Now we're weaker RELATIVE to oth… twitter.com/i/web/status/8… 12 hours ago