Never seen this video. Great goals from Match of the Day in England from an era where the pitches were often horrible, the players wore more mud than kit and a surprising number of goals would still be considered world class by today’s standards. My faves are the keeper waddling back to his goal at 1:32 only to see his weak punt full volleyed into his gaping net. The free kick that follows right after that one is also pretty awesome.
Calendar of posts
Posts by category
- @geoffflamank The Spain v Brazil game at Swangard is probably my favourite game I've been to here as a spectator. 22 hours ago
- Throwback to that day in 2007 when Suarez, Cavani, Pique and Mata all played at Swangard Stadium here in Vancouver. youtube.com/watch?v=yO8y2F… 1 day ago
- Coutin..who? #LFCVCITY 1 day ago
- @hatrik10 Adapts to me? So it knows when I'm going to take a first touch with my left peg and drops perfectly rathe… twitter.com/i/web/status/9… 2 days ago
- RT @ksieff: Hey Tomi, Washington Post shithole bureau chief here. Love your foreign affairs reporting. Did you know there are 8.7 million A… 2 days ago